An angry Orange Farm mother is demanding answers after her six-year-old son who was raped at school.
The woman said that she phoned the principal of Makiwane Combined School last week, after her child told her that he had been raped by an older boy.
The boy was then further allegedly traumatised, when the deputy principal allegedly took the boy from classroom to classroom to identify the perpetrator.
The school has also been lambasted for failing to notify police about the matter before Wednesday.
"They said they will handle the matter but so far nothing has been done for my son," she said.
Women and Men Against Child Abuse spokesperson Miranda Jordan spoke to the deputy principal about what had happened.
"She and the principal have committed an offence by not reporting it and their action was very harmful in taking this boy from classroom to classroom to identify an older boy," said Jordan.
Meanwhile, the Gauteng Department of Education said it is sending a team to the school on Thursday to investigate the rape allegations.
Counselling will also be offered to the boy and his family.