KwaZulu-Natal police were searching for a man that escaped during a police shoot
out on Friday morning where three men died, suspected to be linked to the
Ntuzuma Christmas massacre were six people were murdered.
"Police were still searching for the fourth man - he managed to escape during the shoot out - three suspects were shot by police," said Director Phindile Radebe.
She said police believed that the men were going to rob a place and they were tipped off.
"Police arrived at the scene and the suspects opened fire. Police responded fatally wounding three suspects," said Radebe.
She said the shoot out happened on the R102 near Mandeni.
Two of the people were linked to the Ntuzuma Christmas massacre and one was wanted for hijacking and cash-in-transit.
A 21-year-old man was arrested in connection with the murders in December last year.
Six people were killed and three others injured on Christmas night when three men armed with R5 and AK-47 rifles entered a house and opened fire at Ntuzuma, Durban.
Those killed in the attack included four men, aged between 20 and 25, and two women, believed to be between 21 and 23.
Netcare 911's Jeff Wicks said the men had multiple gunshot wounds.
"They were found bloodied at the roadside with spent bullet casings littering the scene. The men were declared dead by Netcare911Paramedics.
No police officers were injured.
p.s Photo provided by Netcare 911
|Address:||R102 near Mandeni|
|Crime Date/Time:||22 Jan 2010, 00:01 AM|
|Reported By:||Report A Crime|
|Reported Date:||22 Jan 2010, 00:01 AM|