I witnessed somebody being robbed with a knife in a traffic congestion in Heidelberg road, the following tips can help you to avoid being robbed:
• While driving, keep all the doors of your car locked and the windows rolled up. If you require fresh air, do not roll your window down more than two inches.
• Do not get into discussions with street vendors or anyone handing out flyers-criminals are disguising as if they are selling or handing out flyers so you will not be able to differentiate between a criminal and a street vendor.
• Do not leave your handbag, cellphone or anything of value in plain sight-In most cases criminals see something valuable in your car and it gives them an opportunity to rob you.
• Leave a gap between you and the car in front of you to give you room to escape (i.e. drive away from the scene), if anything should happen.
• If someone knocks at your window, do not slide it down or open your door. If a criminal threatens you through the window, start honking the horn to attract peoples’ attention. Many criminals leave immediately for fear of being caught. If this fails, then remain calm, and slide your window down.
• If a robber asks you to hand over your wallet, handbag and cell phone, do so without resistance.
|Crime Date/Time:||8 Sep 2015, 16:09 PM|
|Reported Date:||9 Sep 2015, 11:09 AM|