10111 Caller Still Waiting

A Primrose woman said on Tuesday she is angry police failed to respond to a case of domestic violence on Sunday night.

The woman logged several calls with the 10111 call centre, receiving at least six reference numbers in about 12 hours. Her daughter in Boksburg was apparently being abused by her husband.

She said police have still not responded: "Every time they gave me a reference number and said 'just be patient, they are on their way'.

To be honest I am so disappointed. I just hope this situation can change." The police's Eugene Opperman said they would investigate the incident. Eyewitness News

Report ID: 110
Crime Category: Domestic Violence
Province: Gauteng
City/Town: Germiston
Suburb: Primrose
Address: Primrose
Crime Date/Time: 31 Jan 2010, 00:01 AM
Reported By: Report A Crime
Reported Date: 2 Feb 2010, 10:02 AM
Related Link: View

Join the conversation

  • Rob2 29 Apr 2014, 11:30 PM

    You can get an interdict against him, but while living with him its a waste of time, you need to move out and get an interdict to prevent future abuse. Once you got an interdict you cannot go visiting him or he cannot visit you, else it was a waste.

Popular categories