Tennant not paying rent and dont want to leave

A friend of ours who is renting her flat out in Kronenbosch, West Beach is having a BIG problem!

The women who is living in the flat with her 2 kids and dog (who never gets food or water ) is not paying rent and does not want to leave.

Does anyone know what she can do to get this women out legally...... as the owner is taking a deep dive now as she cant pay the mortgage for this flat now......suffering BIG time financially because of this.

Please if anyone can give some advise or know of anyone who does know what to do.

Report ID: 453
Crime Category: Trespassing
Province: Western Cape
City/Town: CAPE TOWN
Suburb: West Beach
Address: Kronenbosch, West Beach
Crime Date/Time: 28 Jul 2010, 00:07 AM
Reported By: Report A Crime
Reported Date: 28 Jul 2010, 18:07 PM
Related Link:

Join the conversation

  • Carien Wessels 2 Apr 2014, 03:05 PM

    We have the same problem as Jonasi Jingu. Also in Johannesburg. We just bought a house and the tenant in there were told to be out in 90 days. They are now refusing to leave on the agreed date with the previous owner and also refuse to sign a new lease with the Agency. What laws are there to protect New Owners when something like this happens???!!!

  • Username3722 29 Apr 2013, 09:52 PM

    Disconnect the water and electricity or just anonomously adertise a garage sale - everything must go, list some items that you know are there, coffee table R100, remove the front door and other doors. They'll soon panic and leave. You wont get your money but you wont have them as a tenant either.

  • Belinda19 15 Feb 2013, 10:39 AM

    Remove the stove, remove the geyser, remove the front door. It is your property, and if you want to replace the stove, geyser and front door, you can do so at your own time. Like I said, it is your property, the tenants should not even be on the property anymore, as they are in breach of contract, or their contract has expired, and if you want to renovate and replace anything in or on your property, at your own pace, you may do so. You have the right to do this. Happy renovating!!!

  • raymond risseeuw 11 Dec 2012, 01:15 PM

    break all the windows. and throw in a few snakes etc cut off the main electricity cable with cutters and remove cable

  • Gary6 25 Jun 2011, 07:49 PM

    If you have keys, remove the front door for "repairs" and dont replace it for a few days.

  • dale Flynn 28 Feb 2011, 03:17 PM

    i have let a flat on my property. the tenent has refused to pay for the past two months. the lease that they signed expires at the end of the month and they refuse to leave, what can i do. the tenent has sworn at me and told me i have no rights. what can i do

  • Jonasi Jingu 7 Dec 2010, 11:56 PM

    Hi, I have a house in Johannesburg and do not know who to turn to or ask for help. I bought a house and it had tenants with a tacit lease which experired 3 months after the bond registration. Now the tenants do want to move out and they do not even want to pay rent. I tried to ask hire an attorney and they requested R15,000.00. I do not have this money and I am still payin bond yet I do not even know the tenants. I do not know what to do. Please assist in any way... should I just give up the house, I feel so useless

  • Unknown 19 Aug 2010, 02:34 PM

    It was direct! Yes the tenant did sign an agreemant, well actually HER MOM DID!

  • Unknown 19 Aug 2010, 01:42 PM

    Has the flat been let via an agent or directly? If through an agent, look carefully at contract as it may be for them to instruct attorneys to obtain an eviction order. Did the tenant ever sign a tenancy agreement? There should be a breach clause in the agreement. Can I suggest Miltons Matsamela or another property law firm in the area to type up a letter giving notice to the tenant. Courts in the past have favoured the tenant's rights, but that is starting to change. If the period of the tenancy has not yet come to an end you cannot evict the tenant unless you obtain an eviction order from the court. Look at the PIE Act for more information.

  • Unknown 29 Jul 2010, 06:07 PM

    We have spoken to the SPCA, all they will do is give her a warning! And then they come back in a few months time to check up, by that time she might be out of there.

  • Unknown 29 Jul 2010, 02:26 PM

    never mind the woman and her kids, you need to report her for not feeding her dog. Remember this dog cannot talk, so get your friend to report her to local vet or animal place.

Popular categories